Colored Eyelets and Grommets
We offer a wide selection of high quality eyelets and grommets including metal and colored varieties. Choice of 50ct or 100ct packs. The 3-12mm size grommets come with washers. There are no washers for the 1-2.5mm size eyelets.
- High quality metal paint, won’t easily chip or scratch (colored varieties)
- Strong and durable metals
- Corrosion and rust resistant
- Machine washable
- Easy to install
- Variety of sizes and colors
Guidelines for Choosing the right Eyelet / Grommet:
- Setting without a washer: Tube height should be 1.5-2mm longer than your material thickness
- Setting with a washer: Tube height 2-3mm longer then your material thickness
- Flowering Tools: Tube height 2-4mm longer than material thickness
Flange Diameter and Washers
- Use washers and wider flange grommets when working with woven materials which can fray. Using a fray block is also helpful.
- Use eyelets with wider flanges and consider a flowering tool for material prone to stretching (i.e. foams, some rubbers and fabrics).
- Washers are not necessary for rigid and non-stretching material.
Hole Diameter and Applications
The right size eyelet will vary by application, below are some common use cases:
- 1-3mm Eyelets – Doll clothes, small wires and led lights, jewelry (clasp connections, earrings, jump ring connections), small models (planes, ships, gundams, action figurines)
- 4-6mm Eyelets – Shoes, Corsets, Clothing, Laced items, Luggage Tags, Keychains, Face Masks, Wiring, Jewelry (bracelets, decor, larger pieces), straps, collar and belt holes,
- 8-12mm Eyelets – Tumblers, bags, luggage, clothing, purses, tarps, canvases, towels, yoga mats, outdoor gear
- 14mm+ – Curtains/drapes, shower curtains, bags, purses, backpacks, luggage, tarps, tents, outdoor gear
[learn_more caption=”What are grommets used for?”] Grommets are rings used to protect holes in thin materials like fabrics, leather, sheet metal, and carbon fiber. Grommets or eyelets are used so that wires, rope, or cords can be put through your material without tearing through or misshaping the hole adding reinforcement that is needed to prevent fraying. Use in clothing, shoes, bags/purses, jewelry, belts, collars, tags, keychains, and leather goods as structural and decorative elements.[/learn_more]
[learn_more caption=”What is the difference between a grommet and an eyelet?”] Grommets are used with a washer and are typically used in heavy-duty applications. Eyelets don’t require a washer and are used for lighter applications, such as clothing and shoelaces. Sometimes small grommets are referred to as eyelets, which can be confusing.[/learn_more]
Looking for hand tools?:
Note: Photo colors may vary based on device and screen resolution. Counting is done by weight, please allow for a +/- 2 piece difference.
Stay in Touch!
Our selection is ever-changing as we manufacture new and exciting products to offer you for your creations. Follow us for the latest news and product updates:
Contact us using the form below for questions, wholesale inquiries, and manufacturing requests.